Diplomatic relations between the Philippines and Egypt was established on 3 March 1946.
The exact date of the establishment of the Philippine Embassy in Cairo, however, could not be determined. Based on the accounts of students at Al Azhar University, there was already an Embassy in existence in the early 60’s. From that period until the middle of the 70’s, the Embassy in Cairo was the only Philippine post in the Arab and African region.
The following served as Ambassadors, namely:
Pullong Arpa (1957-1963), Juan M. Arreglado, (1964-1969), Yusof Abubakar (1971-1973), Jose V. Cruz (1976-1979), Romulo Espaldon (1984-1986), Kasan Marohombsar (1986-1993), Menandro Galenzoga (1993-1996), Sanchez A. Ali (1997-1998), Macabangkit Lanto (1999-2001), Shulan O. Primavera (2002-2004), Petronila P. Garcia (May 2004-January 2008), Oscar G. Valenzuela (February 07, 2008-July 02, 2010), Claro S. Cristobal (December 30, 2011 - June 27, 2015), Leslie J. Baja (August, 2015 - September 24, 2018), Sulpicio M. Confiado (November 10, 2018 - July 7, 2021), Ezzedin H. Tago, from 11 September 2021 to present.
Mr. Felino C. Menez served as Chargé d' Affaires from 1979 to 1984.
Mr. Eduardo Pablo M. Maglaya served as Chargé d' Affaires from October 01, 2010-June 29, 2011
The Embassy has jurisdiction over Egypt, Sudan, Djibouti, Ethiopia and Eritrea.